Picnic basked spectacular S. XIX, manufactured by "DREW & SONS".
Picnic basked spectacular S. XIX, manufactured by “DREW & SONS”.
Picnic basked spectacular manufactured by “DREW & SONS” from the late 19th century. Constains two lids, upper and front opening, the upper with a painted inscription “S.Y. ALBION” and lined inside by engraved cardboard and contains an ivory sheet engraved with the manufacturer’s signature, the lower one lined with silver plate with the manufacturer’s signature. Wicker handle with and two leather straps with silver kernel buckles. Functional lock signed by the manufacturer (does not contain the key). It consists of four big trays, three middle trays and four small trays and twuenty three dishes makers in white enamelled sheet, twelve crystal glasses lined in wicker, four wicker lined glass bottles with silver stoppers, and four square sandwich box in white enamelled sheet and silver sheet lid with the manufacturer’s signatura, a silver sheet big box, two small box of silver sheet silver with another inner box in white enamelled sheet, three small glass jars with silver sheet caps; and a set of cutlery for twelve diners signed by the manufacturer. Drew & Sons was a company founded by Samuel Summers Drew in 1844. It was a company known for its bags, picnic baskets, trunks, and other leather goods. The company also worked with gold and silver. They worked at 33 Piccadilly Circus, London, from 1887 to 1914, when they moved into the Regent Street plant. They had premises on Leadenhall Street in London from 1888-1914 and also on Kings Road in Brighton from 1894. The Drew & Son articles were patronized by Queen Victoria, the Royal Family and many of the courts around Europe.
|Dimensions||80.0 × 46.0 × 45.0 cm|
As a customer of DHD Dorantes, you have several options for the collection or shipment of the lots you purchase on our website, either by direct sale or by auction:
- Pick up at DHD Dorantes premises You can pick up your lots at our facilities in Lebrija (Seville), once you have been informed by email that the lots are available. You can check our address and our updated collection timetable and calendar on our Contact page.
- Shipping by Transport Agency:
- If the delivery address is in the Iberian Peninsula or in one of the countries indicated in our shipping table, the shipping costs will be automatically added to the sales invoice and will be calculated automatically according to the weight table. (VIEW SHIPPING TABLE)
- If the delivery address is not in the Iberian Peninsula or in our country table, DHD Dorantes will send you within a few days after the sale a quotation for the transport and packaging costs.
- Collection of batches by your private carrier:
- You can use your own mode of transport or hire the one of your choice directly. In this case, you will only be charged for packaging if this is necessary.
For more information on our special delivery conditions, please see our special delivery conditions in the section Shipping or collection options at DHD Dorantes