"GWR" Signal Box Lamp.
“GWR” Signal Box Lamp.
1 in stock
“GWR” Signal Box Lamp with Arched Handle, a hinged glass door, burner and reflector, No.21574, 31cm high, for protection at Newport Train Station. These lamps were used in the Mail Coaches to carry out their transport routes and later they were used in rail transport. The Great Western Railway (also known by the acronym GWR) was a British railway company that linked London with the southwest and west of England, as well as Wales. The main line ran from London to Bristol. Founded in 1833, it received its final endorsement by an act of Parliament in 1835 and made its first voyage in 1838. It was organized by engineer Isambard Kingdom Brunel. Great Western trains included long-distance express services such as the Flying Dutchman, the Cornish Riviera Express, and the Cheltenham Spa Express. It also operated numerous suburban and rural services, some covered by steam powered rail cars or car trains. The company pioneered the use of larger and cheaper freight wagons than usual in Great Britain. It owned a network of bus routes, was part of Railway Air Services, and owned ships, docks, and hotels. The emblem of the Great Western Railway was formed by the coats of arms of the cities of London and Bristol located side by side. The “Great Western Railway: Paddington – Bristol” was temporarily, between 1996 and 2012, one of the goods on the United Kingdom Tentative List.
As a customer of DHD Dorantes, you have several options for the collection or shipment of the lots you purchase on our website, either by direct sale or by auction:
- Pick up at DHD Dorantes premises You can pick up your lots at our facilities in Lebrija (Seville), once you have been informed by email that the lots are available. You can check our address and our updated collection timetable and calendar on our Contact page.
- Shipping by Transport Agency:
- If the delivery address is in the Iberian Peninsula or in one of the countries indicated in our shipping table, the shipping costs will be automatically added to the sales invoice and will be calculated automatically according to the weight table. (VIEW SHIPPING TABLE)
- If the delivery address is not in the Iberian Peninsula or in our country table, DHD Dorantes will send you within a few days after the sale a quotation for the transport and packaging costs.
- Collection of batches by your private carrier:
- You can use your own mode of transport or hire the one of your choice directly. In this case, you will only be charged for packaging if this is necessary.
For more information on our special delivery conditions, please see our special delivery conditions in the section Shipping or collection options at DHD Dorantes