Toiletry briefcase with the signature of "FINNIGAN, MAKER, MANCHESTER" and initials "G.M.D.W"
Toiletry briefcase with the signature of “FINNIGAN, MAKER, MANCHESTER” and initials “G.M.D.W”
Toiletry briefcase with the signature of “FINNIGAN, MAKER, MANCHESTER” and initials “G.M.D.W” in cowhide, brass fittings and handle. The interior is made of green silk with several compartments. It contains: two natural bristle brushes with an ivory handle inlaid in silver with the owner’s logo, mirror lined in leather and support piece in nickel silver, five glass jars with silver-plated stoppers with the owner’s logo, small leather-lined inkwell box with “INK” inlay, small leather-lined lighter box with “LIGHT” inlay, independent leather case with cork puller, mechanical pencil , fastens buttons, pocketknife, all with ivory handles, and a clip. There is also an Ivory letter opener under the cover. Ivory gloves opener and a leather notebook. Functional latch closure and non-existent locking key. Finnigans House Firm was a British suitcase and luxury suitcase manufacturer established in 1830, originally in Manchester and later on New Bond Street in London. The House of Finnigans was one of Great Britain’s best leather goods manufacturers and a successful luxury goods retailer. Well known for its traditional know-how and craftsmanship, Finnigans produced a wide range of luxury goods, including trunks, bags, fashion, jewelry, watches, and silverware. In 1830, Brian Finnigan established a firm of his own, the Finnigans house. He opened a workshop in Newton Street Mill, and a Finnigans store in Market Street, the most fashionable part of Manchester then. Finnigans soon became famous for their high-quality leather goods and saddlery. When the picnic became a fashionable outdoor activity, Finnigans made the “Wicker Picnic Basket”, which was popular not only with English travelers, but also the Indian Rajahs who used to tied them on the backs of elephants.
|Dimensions||0.19 × 0.31 × 0.39 cm|
As a customer of DHD Dorantes, you have several options for the collection or shipment of the lots you purchase on our website, either by direct sale or by auction:
- Pick up at DHD Dorantes premises You can pick up your lots at our facilities in Lebrija (Seville), once you have been informed by email that the lots are available. You can check our address and our updated collection timetable and calendar on our Contact page.
- Shipping by Transport Agency:
- If the delivery address is in the Iberian Peninsula or in one of the countries indicated in our shipping table, the shipping costs will be automatically added to the sales invoice and will be calculated automatically according to the weight table. (VIEW SHIPPING TABLE)
- If the delivery address is not in the Iberian Peninsula or in our country table, DHD Dorantes will send you within a few days after the sale a quotation for the transport and packaging costs.
- Collection of batches by your private carrier:
- You can use your own mode of transport or hire the one of your choice directly. In this case, you will only be charged for packaging if this is necessary.
For more information on our special delivery conditions, please see our special delivery conditions in the section Shipping or collection options at DHD Dorantes