Black top hat signed by "LOCK & Co, HATTERS, ST. JAMES ST., LONDON"
Black top hat signed by “LOCK & Co, HATTERS, ST. JAMES ST., LONDON”
Vintage top hat with black colored cup. The top hat is signed “LOCK & Co, HATTERS, ST. JAMES ST., LONDON”. Size 54.5. Lock & Co. is the oldest millinery in the world, the 34th oldest family business in the world and is the holder of a royal warrant. Their store has been located at 6 St James’s Street since 1765. The company was founded in 1676 by Robert Davis. His son Charles continued the business and took James Lock (1731-1806) as an apprentice in 1747. James later married Charles Davis’s only daughter, Mary. When Davis died in 1759, James Lock inherited the company from his former teacher. The Lock family and the descendants of James still own and run the company today. As an anecdote, the company is responsible for the origin of the bowler hat.
|Dimensions||0,0 × 30,0 × 16,0 cm|
As a customer of DHD Dorantes, you have several options for the collection or shipment of the lots you purchase on our website, either by direct sale or by auction:
- Pick up at DHD Dorantes premises You can pick up your lots at our facilities in Lebrija (Seville), once you have been informed by email that the lots are available. You can check our address and our updated collection timetable and calendar on our Contact page.
- Shipping by Transport Agency:
- If the delivery address is in the Iberian Peninsula or in one of the countries indicated in our shipping table, the shipping costs will be automatically added to the sales invoice and will be calculated automatically according to the weight table. (VIEW SHIPPING TABLE)
- If the delivery address is not in the Iberian Peninsula or in our country table, DHD Dorantes will send you within a few days after the sale a quotation for the transport and packaging costs.
- Collection of batches by your private carrier:
- You can use your own mode of transport or hire the one of your choice directly. In this case, you will only be charged for packaging if this is necessary.
For more information on our special delivery conditions, please see our special delivery conditions in the section Shipping or collection options at DHD Dorantes