Top hat signed by "TRESS & Co. LONDON".
Top hat signed by “TRESS & Co. LONDON”.
Vintage top hat with a black cup. The top hat is signed by “TRESS & Co. LONDON”. Size 56. Tress & Co. was founded by Cooper Tress Snr. (1787-1869), son of William Tress and Sarah Clifford of Upchurch, Kent, England. He was joined in the company by his son, Cooper Tress Jnr. and later by Cooper Tress Jnr’s children, Sidney Cooper Tress and Herbert Charles Tress. The company was active in England for over a hundred years, established in 1846 and finally sold to Christy’s in 1953. They closed the place of Stamford St., Southwark, where the Mad Hatter Hotel stands today. The firm Tress & Co. was very prosperous and known throughout the world. Their were awarded with the Prize Medals, Paris 1855 and 1867, London 1862, Philadelphia 1876 and Sydney 1879 with the trademark in Great Britain. I believe the company was also located in Luton and Stamford St., London.
|Dimensions||31.5 × 0.0 × 16.0 cm|
As a customer of DHD Dorantes, you have several options for the collection or shipment of the lots you purchase on our website, either by direct sale or by auction:
- Pick up at DHD Dorantes premises You can pick up your lots at our facilities in Lebrija (Seville), once you have been informed by email that the lots are available. You can check our address and our updated collection timetable and calendar on our Contact page.
- Shipping by Transport Agency:
- If the delivery address is in the Iberian Peninsula or in one of the countries indicated in our shipping table, the shipping costs will be automatically added to the sales invoice and will be calculated automatically according to the weight table. (VIEW SHIPPING TABLE)
- If the delivery address is not in the Iberian Peninsula or in our country table, DHD Dorantes will send you within a few days after the sale a quotation for the transport and packaging costs.
- Collection of batches by your private carrier:
- You can use your own mode of transport or hire the one of your choice directly. In this case, you will only be charged for packaging if this is necessary.
For more information on our special delivery conditions, please see our special delivery conditions in the section Shipping or collection options at DHD Dorantes